Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

SCANDALOUS

LE JUSTE MILIEU DE LA MODE

Paris Vogue, February 1981
Photography: Guy Bourdin

February 1981 was quite a month for fashion, at least judging by that month's Vogue Paris. This Guy Bourdin editorial is just too much. From the mid-to-late 70's through to the early 80's, photo shoots often resembled stills from a movie. The composition of these images brings to mind elements of film noir with strong elements of mis-en-scene. And the voyeuristic ladies in the last two spreads are pure evil. Whatever happened to a bit of drama, story telling and creativity in editorials?









4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Just wanted to say how fun it was to find myself in the last spread! I'm the girl sitting in the armchair along with the other "purely evil voyeuristic ladies"! Great memories, and you are right no one takes photos like Guy Bourdin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne!! Wow...we're honoured to have you write to us.
    We love this photo shoot. If you have any other pictures from your career we'd love to post them and write a little bit about you.

    x Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dianne,
    I've started a blog about my adventures in modeling. I've added a link to your blog. I did only a couple more shoots with Guy Bourdin, but they were for men's fashion, I was used as a 'prop' so to speak. I'll let you know when I post them. My blog is : Guy Bourdin et al...modeling in the 80's at bourdin-et-al.blogspot.com. You're welcome to take some of my pics but they're not editorial though.

    ReplyDelete